Effective date: May 23, 2018
Policy key definitions:
- "I", “my”, “me,” or “Mo’s” refer to the individual, Maurie J. Manning and Mo’s Digital Pencil.
- "you,” "the user" refer to the person(s) using this website.
- "website" refers to this website, www.mosdigitalpencil.com – and my portfolio site, www.mauriejmanning.com.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner's Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a user's computer or device.
Personal Data Collected
Your Personal Data is used for identification and confirmation that you have/intend to purchase a personal license from me so that you may use my images in your one-of-a-kind handcrafts. (I.E. handmade greeting cards.)
Information is collected from you when you subscribe to a newsletter or enter information on our website. Mo’s opt-in subscription forms collect personally identifiable information that may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name/Last name
- Mailing address/Phone number
- Cookies and Usage Data
Lawful Bases for Personal Data Processing
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) Mo’s controls and/or processes any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases:
- Consent: You have given us permission to, by signing up for the newsletter
- Consent: You have given us permission to by creating an account.
- Legitimate interests: Processing may be necessary to provide services or process payments.
- To comply with the law.
Data retention period: Mo’s Digital Pencil will continue to process your information under these bases until you withdraw consent or it is determined your consent no longer exists.
If, the lawful bases upon which Mo’s processes your personal information changes, I will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. Mo’s shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Sharing Your Information
Mo's does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personal information with third parties not affiliated with Maurie J. Manning or Mo’s Digital Pencil. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist me in operating my website, conducting my business, or serving my users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. Mo’s may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect my or others' rights, property, or safety.
Your Individual Rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here.
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object;
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way I am handling your data.
I handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Do Not Track Signals
I honor Do Not Track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place. You can enable or disable the DNT feature in your browser's settings.
Data Security and Protection
I ensure the security of any personal information Mo’s holds by using reliable, secure data storage technologies and third-parties and precise procedures in how I store, access and manage that information. Mo’s Digital Pencil’s methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
E-commerce Host (BigCommerce) and Cookies
Bigcommerce uses browser cookies:
A browser cookie is a small amount of information sent from a website and saved into a visitor’s web browser.
- track the surfing habits of visitors
- make it easier for returning customers to login
- remember what products were added to the shopping cart
BigCommerce does not store Mo’s customers’ credit card or Paypal information. That is stored separately by my payment gateway; Paypal.
Paypal -- Payment Gateway
Email Marketing Messages & Subscription
Under the GDPR I use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to the Mo’s Digital Pencil mailing list. I only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the "Personal Data Collected" above.
Any email marketing messages I send are done through an email marketing service provider (EMS). An EMS is a third party service provider of software / applications that allows marketers to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.
Email marketing messages may contain tracking beacons and/or tracked clickable links and/or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as times, dates, IP addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, and geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations, will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign.
Any email marketing messages I send are in accordance with the GDPR and the PECR. It’s simple to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences and/or the information held about you at any time. See any newsletter email for instructions on how to unsubscribe or manage your preferences!
- Email address
- First name
- Subscription time & date
Mo’s Digital Pencil uses the third-party analytics service Google Analytics to track and report activity. Google Analytics is a piece of software that captures various data about Mo’s website users, including but not limited to:
- What website users originate from
- How long users stay on this website
- What kind of computer the user is using
This tracking information allows me to better understand who uses this website and which content they are accessing, which in turns helps me improve my content. This data is also shared with other Google services, which may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
To opt out of tracking...
Third-party sites that I link to, like Penny Black. Inc and Facebook, have separate and independent privacy policies. Mo’s therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites – but contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns.
California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
In Accordance with CalOPPA, I agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
Users can change their personal information by logging into their accounts and updating their information.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 18 years old, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States' consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
I do not specifically market to children under the age of 18 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Code of Fair Information Practices is based on five principles:
- There must be no personal data record-keeping systems whose very existence is secret.
- There must be a way for a person to find out what information about the person is in a record and how it is used.
- There must be a way for a person to prevent information about the person that was obtained for one purpose from being used or made available for other purposes without the person's consent.
- There must be a way for a person to correct or amend a record of identifiable information about the person.
- Any organization creating, maintaining, using, or disseminating records of identifiable personal data must assure the reliability of the data for their intended use and must take precautions to prevent misuses of the data.
Mo’s will abide by all these practices.
Resources & Further Information